Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spa Girl says pay attention to your FEET



I’m so happy it’s almost the weekend, my feet hurt from wearing shoes rather than my comfortable summer sandals. It reminds me of my childhood, I didn’t wear shoes all summer, then the first days back to school my feet would ache after a day in my new saddle shoes, really good shoes, but none the less my feet were not happy campers.

Uncomfortable shoes, and let’s face it, there are lots around, or standing for extended periods of time can be demanding on those tender tootsies because it creates a buildup of lactic acid that cause aches and pains.

I recommend a fabulous footbath which will leave your feet feeling reinvigorated, smooth and ready for bed, or maybe evening dancing!

Here’s what to do: mix together in a bowl ¼ cup of Epson salts, ½ cup Dead Sea salts, 2 ounces of almond oil (or your favourite carrier oil), 8 to 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil, 5 to 7 drops lemon essential oil, 3 to 5 drops each of red mandarin and lime essential oil, 18 to 20 drops of rosemary essential oil and 1 sprig of fresh rosemary leaves, chopped finely.

Soak your feet in a lovely basin of warm water for 10 to 15 minutes then rub mixture onto feet paying special attention to areas where the skin has hardened. Enclose your feet in plastic and then wrap in a towel to maintain the heat. Leave for 15 to 20 minutes then gentle rinse the feet with warm water.

Just reading this make my feet happier…enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. love your blog...I am a spa freak too...thanks for the recipes. I`m going to try some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splurge on a professional pedicure.....well worth it! My niece is an esthetician and she comes to the house to do mine! Heaven....

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone over 50 should be investing in pedicures for your health

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, do I like a pedicure!! Can't get them here, though, too expensive, wayyy too......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few indulgences but a pedicure is a necessity for me!

    ReplyDelete