Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spa Girl and the WATER/GREEN dilemma!




I am not fond of drinking tap water for all kinds of reasons, and over the last year I have recycled way too many plastic bottles. I also started investigating the safety issues of plastic bottles and decided it was about time to invest in a home system and stainless steel water bottles.

My first home water system came as home delivery with a rented cooler, but I found it expensive and the cooler was massive in my small kitchen. I long for a much bigger kitchen, but that’s another story (LOL)! The second attempt was carrying my own refills to the locate water store which closed after the city I live in upgraded its primary water system. I have also lugged water from the grocery store, but frankly this is a pain, especially for those with temperamental backs. So I started looking at alternatives and there are a lot of them to consider and at varying prices. After much research, and some help from a really good friend, who knows her way around a water cooler, I think I have found a system that will work for me.

I settled on the Santevia enhanced water system with PH control. Santevia is cost effective as I just use water from my tap, and eco and back friendly, no more plastic bottles or lugging big water jugs around. It uses an eight stage filtration and re-mineralization system which cleans, mineralizes and invigorates your water while adjusting the pH level to mildly alkaline, a very healthy blend. And you don’t have to plug it in, it works via gravity.

The Science behind Santevia™
Reference Text: Water for Health, for Healing, for Life - F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. www.amazon.ca

• Human body is 75% water
• Human brain is 85% water and is extremely sensitive to dehydration
• In dehydration 66% of water loss is from the interior of the cells
• Mild dehydration slows metabolism by as much as 3%
• Thirst signals are often interpreted as hunger pains
• Lack of water is the number one cause of daytime fatigue
• Most people exist in a chronic state of low-level dehydration most of their lives
• Water is the main source of energy
• Water increases the efficiency of the immune system
• Water is the main solvent for all foods, vitamins and minerals
• Water increases the body's rate of absorption
• Water is the main lubricant in joint spaces
• Water helps prevent arthritis and back pain
• Water helps reduce the risks of heart attacks and strokes

Find out more about Santeiva at http://www.santevia.com/wellness/santevia_new/index.asp

Check out my blog on why water is important.
http://spagirl007.blogspot.com/2009/09/spa-girl-loves-water-inside-and-out.html

No comments:

Post a Comment