Friday, September 4, 2009
Spa Girl asks what are your reasons to go to the SPA
After a hard day at work, nothing beats the spa...
1. "For the relaxation and well being. It is really good for your health and keeps you away from the doctor, along with feeling wonderful. You can close the door for an hour and forget about everything and de-stress."
- Lynn Buss-Kem, owner of Renaissance Day Spa, Peoria
2. "A spa is very healthy. People need that right now."
- Stacey Sanders, co-owner of Jenerations Salon and Spa, Peoria
3. "Most women consider it a luxury. It really is a necessity for facials and treatments like that. Everyone is doing the anti-aging treatments. Women are starting younger and younger to take care of their skin, then they won't need to go to the needle (Botox)."
- Lisa Abraham, owner of L.A. Styles, Salon and Day Spa, Peoria
4. "In these economic times, you still need to take an opportunity to treat yourself."
- Carrie Moore, owner of Identity Salon & Day Spa, Peoria Heights
5. "We all should take time for ourselves like we deserve (without cell phones). Spas help with self image and confidence, aging skin, stress relief, migraines, improves circulation, sleep and overall health."
- Britnie Dugger, owner of Artistic Touch Salon Spa, Bartonville
6. "When someone comes in here, it is all about them. If they want to talk about their cat that ran away, we are not just making them look good, they have my undivided attention. ... We make it individualized and make them feel good."
- Jill Andrews, medical aesthetician, Skin Dimensions Day Spa, Peoria
7. "Go to pamper yourself. From time to time, you just have to take care of you. At a spa, everything is about you: making you feel good, making you look good, and letting you get away from the world for a while are what spas are all about."
- Cassi Crum, Day Spa Manager, of Day One Laser Solutions & Day Spa, Dunlap
8. For an hour or a day it's your moment. You can shut off the rest of the world and be in your own little world here."
- Paola Hinton, owner Five Senses Spa & Salon, Peoria
9. "The client can experience a rejuvenation of the body and mind in a way he/she could not get elsewhere in a rather short period of time. It's like a mini-vacation, after which the client will go back to her normal life a healthier and less stressed person ... mom, wife, employee, etc."
- Karen Walters, manager of Natural Concepts Salon and Day Spa, Peoria
10. "A common myth is that spas are just for wealthy women. They are for everyone, not just the wealthy. Everyone benefits from it. We've found that no matter the economy or situation, we still want to feel good about ourselves."
- Kelly Grosenbach, spa director, Skin Dimensions Day Spa, Peoria
Posted by Jann LM Bailey